With SocialBot, you can now change the speed of your bot with the new conversation delay feature. Learn why there is a need to change the bot speed, how the conversation delay feature works and how you can do it with SocialBot.
What is the need to change the speed of your bot?
Chatbots’ great advantage is that they respond instantly to a visitor’s questions. However, clients don’t always like it when a bot triggers an answer the same second it gets a question. You want the user to feel like they are having a conversation with a real person. The machine responding in milliseconds can be frustrating for some visitors since it doesn’t feel natural. It doesn’t feel right when bots reply instantly without spending any time typing or even thinking, especially if you’re building complex responses or trying to make your scenario look and feel natural. Give the user time to read and process what they are reading. You don’t want to bombard them with a bunch of text quicker before they can even read it. According to research, the medium delay of the answer starts from 0.1 seconds and continues up to 10 seconds that giving a chance to the readers to read a previous message comfortably. That is why there is a need for functionality that slows down the response time and by which you can change the speed of your bot. When you slow down the bot’s response, it looks more natural and chatbots can take some time before answering a complicated question.
How does the Conversation Delay Feature work?
Now you can decide how long will your bot “by typing.” The typing indicator delay is a scrollbar added to a bot response, that defines the time interval between messages. During this delay, the visitor will see the typing indicator. The higher seconds delay would give the visitors enough time to comfortably read the previous message.
How to Change the Speed of Your Bot with the New Conversation Delay Feature
On SocialBot, you can change the speed of your bot in 2 ways:
- 1. Using Bot Settings
- 2. Using Visual Flow Builder
Let’s discuss them in detail.
1) Change the Speed of Your Bot Using Bot Settings –
- 1. Open the SocialBot’s dashboard. Click on Messenger Bot from the vertical menu.
- 2. Click on Bot Settings > Actions.
- 3. Select the Facebook page. By default, it is selected to Bot Reply Settings.
- 4. Here, you will get a list of your existing bot replies. To change the speed of your existing bot replies, click on Edit under Actions.
- 5. To change the speed of a new bot reply, click on Add Bot Reply.
- 6. Here, you can click on Enable under Typing on display. You can also set “Delay in Reply” in seconds. Here, we have set it to 5 seconds for an optimum waiting time.
2) Change the Speed of Your Bot Using Visual Flow Builder –
- 1. Open the SocialBot’s dashboard. Click on Visual Flow Builder from the vertical menu.
- 2. A list of existing flows will appear. To change the speed of your existing flows, click on Edit under Actions.
- 3. To change the speed of a new flow, click on Create New Flow.
- 4. A new Visual Flow Builder window will appear. On the right side, you can click on Enable under Typing on display.
- 5. Next, you can conveniently set the delay in reply by moving the scrollbar.
- 6. Click on Ok and exit.